Do you buy your own health insurance? Every year during an open enrollment period, you can select or renew your Affordable Care Act (ACA) health plan for the following year.
The open enrollment period for ACA coverage runs from November 1 to January 15 in North Carolina. Outside of that window, you'll need a qualifying life event in order to enroll or make a change to your coverage.
For most people, open enrollment is the only chance to get ACA health coverage for the upcoming year. And we’re here to make the process simple and easy for you.
Here are the steps to take for a smooth enrollment
- Watch for your rate notice to arrive in the mail. Read through that information carefully.
- Head over to Blue Connect℠. You’ll find your updated premium with the corrected subsidy amount, if applicable, as well as any lower-cost plan recommendations available to you.
- Once you select a plan, be sure to check our Find Care tool to make sure your doctors and hospitals will be in-network.
Dental and vision
Your oral health and vision play an important role in your overall health. Blue Cross NC offers affordable individual and family plans for both vision and dental. You can purchase coverage at any time throughout the year, with or without Blue Cross NC medical coverage.
- Current members can visit the Contact Us area of Blue Connect to get help through live chat or secure messaging – or call the number on the back of their member ID card.
- Make an in-person or virtual appointment at one of our Blue Cross NC Centers located across the state.
- Reach out to an authorized Blue Cross NC agent in your community or an agent-run Blue Cross NC Retail Store.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability in its health programs and activities. Learn more about our non-discrimination policy and no-cost services available to you.
© 2023 Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. ®, SM Marks of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association, an association of independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans. All other marks and names are property of their respective owners. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.