Shop Health Insurance Plans in North Carolina
Annual and open enrollment starts soon.
Individual & Family Shop for a plan for yourself, your spouse or your family. We have a variety of plans to help you make your health a top-priority.
Medicare If you're over 65, our Medicare plans offer benefits to help you stay healthy. You can shop for a plan and get a quote for yourself or a loved one online.
Shop Our Business Plans
Find plans for both large and small businesses with coverage to fit you and your employees' needs.
Shop Individual and Family Plans
Open enrollment is from November 1 through December 15.
Individual and family plans are perfect for singles, couples or families with children. We have a variety of options to make choosing the right plan simple. That means, we have a plan right for you.
And nearly 87% of people who apply for a plan can receive a discount called a subsidy (tax credit). This is to help offset the cost of your plan.
- Plan options to fit your budget or family health needs
- 100% preventive care coverage on all plans
- ER visits covered as in-network
- Telehealth and nurse hotline coverage
- Mental health and substance abuse coverage
- Low-deductible prescription plans
- Thousands of in-network doctors and specialists
- Rewards and reimbursement for staying healthy and active
*Le estamos enviando a HealthSherpa para comprar su plan de seguro médico de Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). HealthSherpa es un vendedor certificado por los Centros de Servicios de Medicare y Medicaid (CMS, en inglés) que Blue Cross NC ha seleccionado para facilitar el proceso de inscripción. Tenga en cuenta que estará saliendo de BlueCrossNC.com y el sitio web de Blue Cross NC. HealthSherpa se hace responsable por el sitio al cual le estamos enviando, incluidas las políticas de privacidad que gobiernan el sitio.
Shop Medicare Plans
Annual enrollment is from October 15 through December 7.
Blue Cross NC offers a variety of Medicare plans to fit your budget and your lifestyle. Our plans include:
- $0 premiums and $0 copays on select Medicare Advantage plans1
- Prescription coverage2
- Dental and vision allowances3
- A no-cost routine hearing exam plus discounts on hearing aids3
- An over-the-counter allowance for eligible wellness purchases3
- A Medicare + Medicaid option
Get a plan recommendation today with our simple online tool.
Shop Vision and Dental Plans
Vision and dental plans are a low-cost way of keeping your total health top of mind. We have plans available for all plan types - including individual and family and Medicare plans. Vision and dental plans can be added to a health plan as you're shopping - or you can buy them on their own if you just need vision or dental care.
- Plans starting at just $7
- No-copay on routine, preventive eye exams
- Discounts on frames, lenses, and contacts
- Testing for diseases like glaucoma, diabetes, and heart disease
Vision Plans More Information
Resources for Our Members
As a member, you have access to a variety of online tools to help you manage your health and insurance plan.
- Plan coverage details and health management programs
- Forms and documents needed to manage your care
- Easy online payment and autopay options
- Rewards programs and health and fitness discounts
Did you get a Blue Cross NC "OTC" or "Health & Wellness Card" in the mail?
This is a valid prepaid card loaded with funds for health and wellness items available at a variety of stores in North Carolina. Here's How to Use Your Card.
Need help understanding health insurance?
- See how health insurance works, step-by-step
- Find the right place to go when they need medical care
- Get tips for managing health care costs
- Find definitions for health insurance words in easy-to-follow pictures
Visit an In-Network Doctor or Pharmacy
An in-network doctor or pharmacy can help you save money.
- Search for doctors, dentists, and pharmacies in your network
- Compare costs on medicationss
- Read doctor reviews and see patient feedback
- Estimate costs on medications and health care services
We put diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) at the heart of everything we do. And we live that mission in our diverse and inclusive workforce. Learn how we are supporting DEI everyday.
No community can be truly healthy until racism no longer exists. We stand together. We stand against racism. Read our full statement.
The COVID-19 crisis has affected more than just health. It's also created food insecurity, homelessness and job loss for thousands of North Carolinians. We're donating to combat the affects of COVID-19.