There are several steps to the hiring process.
Here's what you can expect:
Search for open positions and apply online.
- Read the job description carefully to be sure you meet the minimum requirements
- Submit your resume
- Look for a confirmation email after you apply
2. We'll Review Your Application
We read applications on a first-come, first-served basis. Application reviews may take up to two weeks.
3. Check Your Status
We get lots of applications every day and, unfortunately, we can't always follow-up with every one, so please log in and check your status online.
We'll contact you by phone or email if you meet the requirements for an interview.
During the interview, you'll meet with:
- A hiring manager
- Potential coworkers or teammates
- A talent acquisition consultant
Interviews may take a few hours. Be prepared to answer questions about:
- Your background
- Your salary expectations
- Why you want to work at Blue Cross NC
We use "Behavioral Interviewing" and situation-based questions to help us understand the way you solve problems and meet challenging situations. This is an important part of making sure new employees are successful.
A word about references:
If you're selected for an interview, you'll receive an email from Skill Survey asking for references who can answer questions about your past work experiences and behaviors. Each reference or former colleague you provide will be asked to complete a short survey on your behalf. These in-depth reference checks are required and help us better predict if a candidate is a great fit for the job and our company.
Tips for Successful Behavioral Interviewing
- Consider Your Past Successes - This is the hallmark of targeted selection. You can prepare your answers in advance by thinking about past workplace scenarios you've handled effectively. You should be able to describe what happened, how you assessed the situation, and it's outcome.
- Follow the Leader - Listen closely to the words the interviewer uses and the areas s/he focuses on. If you're asked about organizational skills, for example, focus your responses on your attention to detail. Read the job description thoroughly to understand the specific processes and skills you'll be asked about.
- Talk About Real Life - Be able to share real-life situations that demonstrate your best skills and produced real results.
- Wrap It Up - Always ask questions when given the opportunity. Focus your questions on the same topics the interviewer asked about to show your knowledge and interest.