Blue Cross NC is making an intentional investment in building the capacity of organizations led by or serving historically underrepresented communities and people of color.
We can only push health care further when all our communities are strong.
We are collaborating with nonprofits to make this happen.
Organizations that fully understand the needs of North Carolina’s communities of color can make the most impact. We are co-designing our program with each of the chosen nonprofits to help them expand their reach. We offer funding, peer mentoring, network building, technical assistance, training and more.
To achieve health equity, we must work to dismantle unjust systems and provide resources to people whom existing structures have failed to serve.
- When we focus on those whose need is greatest, we improve health care for everyone. Part of our strategy is investing in historically under-resourced groups that have the knowledge and skills to best serve North Carolina’s people and communities of color.
- By intentionally investing in organizations and communities that have been under-resourced, we support the health and well-being of all our communities.
- We are excited to launch this unique take on capacity building. We hope to become a leader in empowering nonprofits to better fulfill their mission, now and in the future.
Organizations that fully understand the needs of people and communities of color can make the most impact. Racism and underfunding often obstruct these groups’ efforts to develop their capabilities and expand their reach. At Blue Cross NC, we know that no community can be healthy while racism exists. We work to combat this and drive real change.
We see Strengthen NC as a partnership. When we provide financial assistance, time and resources to your organization, we learn from you. You are dialed into the communities you serve and know them best. Working with you keeps our company connected to our purpose and helps us advance true equity in North Carolina.
Top FAQs View full FAQ document
What can I expect as a participant of the program?
- We view Strengthen NC as a holistic approach to capacity building that includes funding, peer mentoring, network building, technical assistance, training and more. To ensure that we meet your organization’s needs, we want you to work alongside us to co-design the overall program.
- For the power-sharing design to be effective, we rely on each organization’s active participation throughout the two-year program.
- Please review the Program Overview for a projected timeline of each participating organization’s commitments.
- We acknowledge that there will ultimately be scheduling conflicts at some point over the two years, but we ask for your best effort at participating across all program modules. Attendance will be required for both the cohort kickoff and cohort closing, and we ask for at least 75% attendance for the remaining cohort connections. Peer Mentoring, Pro Bono Projects, Facilitated Consulting and Additional Scholarship offerings are all value-added offerings, and you will have the ability to decide what fits best for your organization.