Effective June 30, 2021, there will be a change in coverage related to temporary language found in several policies as a result of COVID-19. The temporary language found in these policies will revert back to the coverage/non-coverage that was in place prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. These changes apply to Administrative Services Only (ASO groups), fully insured membership and all commercial lines of business.
The temporary language in the following policies will expire on June 30, 2021:
- Skilled Nursing Services and Gene Expression Testing for Breast Cancer Prognosis AHS – M2020
- Skilled Nursing Services
The temporary language in the following policies will be extended to September 30, 2021:
- Allergy Immunotherapy (Desensitization)
- Temporary Language Details: Subcutaneous immunotherapy performed in the home setting is considered investigational except under medical or nursing supervision during the COVID-19 pandemic effective from March 6, 2020 through June 30, 2021. We will reevaluate if an additional extension is needed as we approach June 30.
- Advanced Illness / Advance Directives
- Temporary Language Details: Policy language will continue to follow the Telehealth Policy language and be extended to December 31, 2021.
The changes to the temporary language extension will reevaluated after September 30, 2021.
This update is for informational purposes only. No further action is required.