Aug. 20, 2022 Update: This communication has been updated to include additional information about Care Affiliate portal training.
Aug. 17, 2022 Update: This communication has been updated to change the effective date of the Care Affiliate update to September 12, 2022.
Jun. 17, 2022 Update: This communication has been updated to add an additional feature and clarify directions for Blue e access.
Effective September 12, 2022, the Blue Cross NC electronic portal, Care Affiliate, will be updated to introduce new technology and expand services to ALL participating and non-participating professional providers. Care Affiliate can be accessed through our Blue e portal. Professional providers, or any provider without current access to our portal today can apply for Blue e access clicking on the following link: Blue E (bcbsnc.com). Care Affiliate portal training is available via an On-Demand video on Blue e. If there are any questions regarding how to use the portal, please select the help button on Blue e for the step by step how to guides. For any additional assistance or if facilitator-led training is needed for your facility, please contact the Provider Service Advisor for your county.
In addition to expanding portal services to professional providers, several new features have been added to make the process for all providers utilizing the portal more streamlined.
New features include embedded logic to assist with the following:
- Check for active member coverage for requested dates of service
- Ensure that Emergent cases are not loaded with a future admit date
- Ensure Elective cases cannot have a start date in the past
- If a case has been denied and there is an appeal in process no updates to that case will be allowed.
- Ensure that only one case for the same date of service is in place by adding a duplicate case check feature to assist you
- Communication – two-way messaging will be available via the portal to assist with such things as reminders for clinical record submissions.
- Ability to view letters via the portal
This change applies to Federal Employee Program (FEP) and Commercial line of business (including the State Health Plan) for both participating and non-participating providers.