Be your healthiest you!
Take advantage of your no-cost Annual Wellness Visit
Get a $25 gift card for getting your Annual Wellness Visit
There’s no cost* for your Annual Wellness Visit ─ or the Welcome to Medicare Visit if you’ve enrolled in Medicare within the last 12 months. What’s more, for taking advantage of the no-cost visit, you’ll receive a $25 gift card** from Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). So, make an appointment today. It’s good for your health ─ and good for a $25 gift card!
Remember, your visit must be with your primary care provider (PCP) – the doctor, nurse practitioner or physician assistant that you see regularly for most of your medical needs. Also, when scheduling your visit, use the exact words: “Annual Wellness Visit” or “Welcome to Medicare Visit.” Otherwise, the scheduler may think you are making an appointment for a routine office visit or physical. The visit is structured to focus on preventing disease and disability, whereas an annual physical typically involves an exam by a doctor along with bloodwork, tests and/or treatment of illness.
And be sure to take advantage of your Annual Wellness Visit once each calendar year. It's one great way to help ensure your ongoing good health.
* Members may have costs for other services unless they are related to COVID- 19 treatment or testing. Non-COVID-19 services excluded from the $0 copay include: Labs, X-rays and diagnostic testing, Medicare Part B drugs and durable medical equipment.
** Please allow 12 weeks for claim processing before receiving your gift card. Gift card offer is available for a limited time only and is subject to change at any time. All federal, state and local taxes on gift cards, if applicable, are the sole responsibility of the member. Members should consult their tax professional on the tax treatment of gift cards.
Your Primary Care Provider: The doctor at the heart of your health care team
It’s important to have a PCP that you see regularly for most of your medical needs. PCPs handle preventive care, routine tests and most other common treatment. It’s also who you can go to with any health questions or concerns. Their job is to coordinate your care and help you be your healthiest. So, make the most of your health and your Blue MedicareSM plan: Choose a PCP if you don’t already have one.
Find your PCP through Blue ConnectSM
- Log in to Blue Connect and go to “Accounts/Profile.”
- Select “Primary Care Provider” on the left side of the page. You’ll see the name of your designated Primary Care Provider (PCP), if you have one. If you’re happy with the PCP shown, you can simply log out. If you don’t see the name of a PCP or you’d like to change your PCP, go to Step 3.
- Select “Change Primary Care Provider” on the left side of the page.
- You’ll be taken to the provider selection tool where you’ll see list of recommended PCPs. When you find one that’s right for you, click “Select as Your PCP” and then click “OK” to confirm.
Ask your primary care provider about virtual care
At Blue Cross NC, we encourage you to consider virtual care whenever possible to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses. Whether by phone or online video, virtual visits are covered the same as in-person visits according to your plan. Contact your PCP to ask about virtual appointment options and schedule your Annual Wellness Visit ─ or Welcome to Medicare Visit ─ virtually or in-person. Also, if there’s any care you’ve been delaying, consider making a virtual appointment rather than waiting any longer.
Remember your Annual Wellness Visit can be done in-person or virtually. (If you’re feeling unwell, call ahead before showing up in-person. Virtual office visits do not have to be related to COVID-19.)
Sign up for Blue Connect – your personalized member website
Make the most of your Medicare Advantage coverage ─ be sure to register for Blue Connect if you haven’t already. You can log in or sign up here. With Blue Connect, you’ll have secure access to information on your health coverage at your fingertips, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – claims and benefits, the Find a Doctor/Drug/Facility tool and much more.
Y0079_9852_C PA 0507202