Southwest Pasta Salad with Creamy Avocado Dressing
This is a light, cool and refreshing salad perfect for the late days of summer when the sun is still taking its time going down. Healthy, tangy, easy to make!
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup plain fat free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- 8 ounces whole-wheat macaroni (about 3 cups)
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup canned low sodium black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- To prepare dressing: Combine avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic, salt and cumin in a mini food processor. Puree until smooth.
- To prepare pasta salad: Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in tomatoes, onion, beans, corn, Cheddar and cilantro. Add the dressing and toss to coat.