Mushroom, Asparagus and Egg Pizza
An inventive take on pizza that adds healthy protein and vegetables to a traditional favorite. Great for lunch, dinner or a weekend brunch!
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¾ cup sliced shallots
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until crisped on the bottom, about 8 minutes.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add shallots to the pan and cook, stirring often, until beginning to brown, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and asparagus and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, 2–3 minutes more.
- Spread the vegetables over the crust.
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until combined; slowly pour over the vegetables, trying not to let any run off the crust.
- Sprinkle the pizza with cheese. Bake until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted, 8–10 minutes.