Muffin-Tin Crab Cakes
This recipe packs 23 grams of delicious protein into just 208 calories for 2 crab cakes.
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
Makes 12 crab cakes
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 2 cups fresh whole wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ red bell pepper, minced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 10 dashes hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 6 lemon wedges, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Generously coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Mix crab, breadcrumbs, bell pepper, scallions, mayonnaise, eggs, egg white, hot sauce, celery salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Divide mixture evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake until crispy and cooked through, 20–25 minutes.
Serve with lemon wedges