Grown-up Barbecue Chicken
Using a slow-cooker makes it incredibly easy to prepare this BBQ chicken that features some rich and subtle spicing. You’ll love it – and the kids may find it a favorite too.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 4 to 7hours
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 8 to 10 chicken drumsticks, skinned (2 to 2½ pounds)
- In a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker combine tomato sauce, jelly, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper, cumin, and tapioca. Place chicken pieces on sauce mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3½ hours.