We'll be completing scheduled maintenance beginning Saturday at 10 p.m. continuing through Sunday afternoon. Blue Connect may be unavailable during this time.
Grown-Up Barbecue Chicken
Using a slow-cooker makes it incredibly easy to prepare this barbeque chicken that features some rich and subtle spicing. You’ll love it – and the kids may find it a favorite too.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 4–7 hours
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons pepper jelly
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 8–10 chicken drumsticks, skinned (2–2½ pounds)
- In a 3½- or 4-quart slow cooker combine tomato sauce, jelly, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper, cumin and tapioca. Place chicken pieces in sauce mixture.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6–7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3–3½ hours.