We'll be completing scheduled maintenance beginning Saturday at 10 p.m. continuing through Sunday afternoon. Blue Connect may be unavailable during this time.
Grilled Tomato and Basil Salmon
This recipe is so beautiful and yet so simple to prepare. Start with memory promoting omega-3 rich salmon, spread it with minced garlic, sprinkle with fresh basil, then layer sliced tomatoes on top. Put it on the grill for 10 minutes and you're done!
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1 whole wild salmon fillet (about 1½ pounds)
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Mash minced garlic and ¾ teaspoon salt on a cutting board with the side of a chef's knife or a spoon until a paste forms. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in oil.
- Check the salmon for pin bones and remove if necessary. Measure out a piece of heavy-duty foil (or use a double layer of regular foil) large enough for the salmon fillet. Coat the foil with cooking spray. Place the salmon skin-side down on the foil and spread the garlic mixture all over it. Sprinkle with ½ cup basil. Overlap tomato slices on top and sprinkle with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Transfer the salmon on the foil to the grill. Grill until the fish flakes easily, 10–12 minutes. Use two large spatulas to slide the salmon from the foil to a serving platter. Serve the salmon sprinkled with the remaining ½ cup basil.