Grilled Shrimp Boil Packets
These are one of the easiest, tastiest summer dinners and they’re perfect for tailgating. Tender shrimp, flavorful sausage, sweet corn cobs, baby potatoes, and loads of veggies are all brightly seasoned and cooked together, which gives great flavor and means easy clean up!
Cook time: 18 minutes
Total time: 33 minutes
- 1 pound baby or small red potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into chunks
- 1 medium yellow onion, cut into eighths
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 pound button mushrooms
- 2 ears corn, shucked and sliced into 1-inch thick disks
- 8 ounce chicken or turkey andouille sausage links, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (optiona
- Cut twelve sheets of 12 by 14-inch aluminum foil. Use two sheets of foil per packet.
- Place potatoes on a plate and microwave on high power for 1 1/2 minutes, rotate and microwave 1 1/2 minutes longer. Once cool enough to handle cut into slices.
- Divide all meat and veggies evenly among the center of each of six double lined foil sheets.
- Stir olive oil with lemon juice, thyme, Old Bay, and garlic. Divide oil mixture among packets drizzling about 1 tablespoon evenly over each.
- Wrap up sides of first sheet of foil, then place second sheet going opposite length and wrap while crimping edges to seal. If the packets are too full to properly seal, cut foil for more packets.
- When you’re ready to cook - Preheat a grill over medium-high heat to about 425 degrees.
- Grill sealed side up about 12 - 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and shrimp have cooked through. Serve warm garnished with parsl