Greek Cucumber Salad
Cucumber salads are a refreshing and easy side for a cookout. This one, with Greek overtones, uses fresh mint, but you can substitute fresh dill for a northern European flavor.
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 medium to large cucumber (8-10 ounces)
- 6-8-ounces fat-free plain yogurt
- ¼ cup loosely packed chopped fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried, crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Peel cucumber if desired. Cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds with a spoon; discard seeds. Slice cucumber into thin crescents.
- In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until needed.