Blueberry Tart with Walnut Crust
Celebrate your love of blueberries with this light and delicious summer dessert. If you’re new to baking you’ll find this tart surprisingly easy to prepare.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 2 hours
- ½ cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Pinch of salt
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- To prepare crust: Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Coarsely chop walnuts in a food processor. Add graham cracker crumbs and process until the mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Whisk egg white in a medium bowl until frothy. Add the crumb mixture, butter, oil, and salt; toss to combine. Press the mixture into the bottom and ½ inch up the sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake until dry and slightly darker around the edges, about 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling: Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and ¼ cup maple syrup in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- When the crust is cool, spread the filling evenly into it, being careful not to break up the delicate crust. Arrange blueberries on the filling, pressing lightly so they set in.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.