Asparagus & Radish Salad
This is a light, crisp and refreshing salad to enjoy as a side dish or on its own. The flavor of ginger and scallions will wake up your taste buds without overwhelming.
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch sections
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Prepare a medium bowl with ice water. Bring 1/2 inch of water to a boil in a large skillet.
- Place asparagus in the skillet and cover with a lid. Boil over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes until the asparagus turns bright green and tender.
- Transfer the asparagus to the bowl of ice water. Drain.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Serve warm or room temperature.