We want to help you make a smooth transition to electronic prescribing. Use these Resources and Contacts to get answers to your questions and any assistance you may need.
- Download: Your complete guide to electronic prescribing, endorsed by the American Medical Association, the American Academy of Family Physicians, the American College of Physicians, the Medical Group Management Association and others. A Clinician’s Guide to Electronic Prescribing
- Find certified ePrescribe vendors: The following list of vendors provides more information about the particular capabilities of different solutions.
- Assess your needs: Visit www.GetRxConnected.com to find tools to help you assess your current needs and evaluate ePrescribe solutions.
- Find connected pharmacies: Click here to find pharmacies near you that are ePrescribe ready.
- Learn more about ePrescribe: Visit www.RxHub.com to learn more about electronic prescribing, see videos explaining how it works and connect with certified ePrescribe vendors.
- See American Medical Association data on ePrescribe: AMA research found that physicians who ePrescribe are significantly more satisfied with their prescribing process than physicians who don’t. Download a summary of the findings
- Learn more about preventing medication errors and drug interactions: Read the Institute of Medicine’s 2006 report which makes an evidence-based case for the benefits of electronic prescribing.
- ePrescribe solutions: For questions regarding technology solutions contact AllscriptsTM1 at 1-888-ERX-NOW1 (379-6691) or firstname.lastname@example.org or your selected technology vendor.
- Wireless connectivity: For questions regarding wireless connections contact Sprint®2 at email@example.com or 1-800-590-TRUE (8783). Ask for the Blue Cross NC support representative.
The information above is intended as a resource. Web sites and organizations above not affiliated with Blue Cross NC are independently operated and not managed by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC). Blue Cross NC assumes no responsibility for any information they may provide.
SM1 Mark of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. ®1 Mark of Sprint. TM1 Mark of Allscripts. ®1, TM2 Marks of RxHub.