Dental providers’ access to the Blue eSM Web portal was recently upgraded to deliver additional features and allow expanded transaction usage. Dental practices now have the ability to file CMS-1500 claims for medical services on Blue e, as well as to check the status of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) claims. Please keep the following dental claim filing tips in mind:
- Dentists may bill medical claims (medical/accidental/TMJ treatment filed with CPT and diagnosis codes) using the Blue e CMS-1500 transaction. These services include oral appliances, such as for TMJ and sleep apnea, billed with E codes.
- Claims that cannot be filed on Blue e include pediatric dental services covered under the Affordable Care Act (ACA), and all dental insurance claims billed with D codes.
- Any claims billed on the ADA claim form should continue to be billed through Emdeon rather than via Blue e. These include pediatric dental services and Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan (FEP) dental claims (Emdeon Payer ID #61472), Dental BlueSM (Dental Payer ID #61473), and Dental Blue SelectSM (Dental Payer ID #61474).
- Blue e can be used to find dental claim status for those claims submitted for policies with the P.O. Box 35, Durham NC filing address listed on the patient’s ID card. These claims include medical, pediatric dental, and FEP dental claims.
- Dental Blue claims processed in our Winston Salem office cannot be viewed on Blue e. These claims may be viewed at http://www.bcbsnc-dental.com/.
The Blue e home page contains a "How to Use” section that contains simulations of specific transactions to provide you and your billing staff with a step-by-step training overview. Upgraded administrative services will now allow you to manage the Blue e user accounts for your practice, including adding, removing, updating, and resetting users without having to contact Blue Cross NC.
All dental offices currently enrolled on Blue e recently received an email containing important information needed to administer your Blue e accounts. If your practice does not have access to Blue e, you can easily register online. Also, sign up for our dental e-news service, so you can get the latest dental news delivered right to your inbox.
If you have questions about how to enroll as a Blue e user or how to use Blue e transactions, please call Blue Cross NC’s eSolutions HelpDesk at 1-888-333-8594 or email us at Bluee.HelpDesk@bcbsnc.com.