The State Health Plan offers tobacco cessation counseling benefits for its members with health care coverage through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC).
- Eligible members can obtain tobacco cessation counseling from their primary care providers, as well as their local CVS MinuteClinic.
- These benefits are also available via telehealth from their primary care providers.
- Benefits are made available when services are:
- Reported using codes 99406 and 99407 and
- Billed in conjunction with an appropriate diagnosis code for tobacco counseling and treatment