Slow-Cooker Baby Back Ribs
A meat lover’s delight. It’s so easy to set the ingredients in your slow-cooker and let all these good seasonings seep into the ribs as they cook. Pretty much guaranteed to become a family favorite.
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- ¼- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2½-3 pounds baby back pork ribs
- Whisk ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper together in a small bowl. Combine garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in another small bowl. Rub the garlic mixture all over the ribs. Spread 1 tablespoon of the ketchup mixture over the sinewy side of the ribs. Place in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Spread the remaining ketchup mixture over the meaty side. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Transfer the ribs to a large baking sheet. Spoon the sauce over the ribs and place under the broiler until starting to brown, 4–6 minutes. Carve between the bones and serve.