Slow-Cooker Turkey Stroganoff
Want a warming, hearty and healthy meal without working hard for it? Let your slow-cooker do the work for you. This is a surefire way to fend off the cold weather blues.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: 4 hours 15 minutes
- 8 cups sliced mixed mushrooms
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3–4 pounds boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup dry sherry
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles (6 cups dry), cooked
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Combine mushrooms, carrots and onion in a 5- to 6-quart slow-cooker.
- Add turkey. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or on low for 8 hours).
- Transfer the turkey to a cutting board.
- Whisk sour cream, flour and sherry in a bowl.
- Stir into the slow-cooker along with peas, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on high until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Cut turkey into bite-size pieces; cover to keep warm. When the sauce is done, gently stir in the turkey.
- Serve over noodles, sprinkled with parsley (optional).