Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina (Blue Cross NC) empowers our members through a combination of compassionate experts, data-driven tools and easy-to-use resources — reaching the right person at the right time with the support they need to make the right health care choices. We maximize the value of your benefit investment by engaging your employees where they are in their health care journey.
Smarter, better health care empowers people to take a more active role in their health and wellbeing. It requires personalized engagement, ongoing education and trusted expertise — which Blue Cross NC is uniquely positioned to deliver. The result? Happier, healthier and more productive employees that drive positive results and lower costs for your organization over time.
- Measurable engagement strategies: Just as we will build a network solution tailored to meet your needs, we’ll match an engagement strategy to the unique needs of your employees.
- Holistic health advocacy and navigation: Employees struggle to manage their health in the complex health care system — so our Nurse Advocates help them get coordinated care, overcome environmental or social challenges, close care gaps and more.
- Simple, self-service consumer tools: From finding in-network providers and estimating costs, to messaging clinical care teams and uncovering prescription savings — our digital tools propel employee engagement and convenience above the competition.
- Concierge-style member service: Today’s consumer expects exceptional experiences — and health care is no exception. We deliver reliable, caring and compassionate support coupled with proactive outreach powered by data insights.
How do you build the sustained engagement needed to foster true empowerment? Follow our Engagement Blueprint. It offers actionable strategies and unique insights to build upon the “three Es” of empowerment:
- EDUCATION: Informed care choices require easy access to the right information delivered in the right channel at the right time.
- EXPERTISE: Trusted support — coupled with strong self-management skills — fosters self-efficacy and confidence when navigating the health care system.
- EXPERIENCE: Engagement that drives positive results requires a positive experience end-to-end — from your office all the way to the doctor’s office.
Empowerment Starts Here
We offer innovative solutions that can help your employees get high-quality care, maximize their plan benefits and simplify their health care journey overall. Download our briefs on:
- The Empowered Patient: Solutions to help employees take an active role in managing their total health.
- The Empowered Consumer: Solutions to help employees get the right care, at the right time, with the most value.
- Empowering Experiences: Solutions to help employees navigate the health care system and get the most from their health plan.
Subscribe below to get email updates about our new content, webinars and more.
Helping employees take an active role in managing their health is essential to better outcomes and lower costs. Yet one major hurdle to success is navigating a health care system that’s often too complicated and confusing. That’s why we created EngageHealth — a personalized, holistic health advocacy program. See how EngageHealth makes health care simpler. Then, watch the video to see our model at work.
No matter your industry or company size, optimizing the health and wellbeing of your employees is a critical business need. Customer experience, service quality, productivity, innovation — vital enterprise functions rely on people to drive performance.
Stephanie Sobol | Healthcare Consultant, Blue Cross NC
In order to transform our health care system, there are at least five ingredients critical to success. It is time for us to take these ingredients and create a more equitable, affordable system that works for all of us.
Dr. Tunde Sotunde | President and CEO, Blue Cross NC
Countless health care innovations promise great business results —improved productivity, decreased absenteeism and strong bottom-line benefits. But employers are better served by flipping the script and treating the person to solve the business need.
Vincent Nelson, M.D. | Vice President, Medical Affairs, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
As more and more employers are finding out, millennials have different expectations than previous generations when it comes to the workplace and benefits. This blog post offers suggestions for connecting with these employees.
Brian Harvey | Executive Director, The Health of America, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
Why Integrated Care Matters
Empowering your employees means addressing behavioral health alongside physical health. In this podcast, Susan Foosness — Blue Cross NC Senior Business Operations Advisor in Behavioral Health — and Dr. Brian Klausner — Chief Medical Officer at WakeMed Key Community Care — discuss why it’s important to ensure your employees get the full spectrum of care they need.
Then, read how Blue Cross NC is expanding access to substance use disorder treatment through community partners, new solutions and industry-leading approaches.