We’ll be doing website maintenance on Sunday from 1 a.m. until 5 a.m. The Blue Connect website may be unavailable during maintenance. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.
Diagnostic imaging management policies
Use this group search to determine if these policies apply to your patient.
American Imaging Management Clinical Guidelines
American Imaging Management Clinical Guidelines: April 2013
American Imaging Management Clinical Guidelines: January 2010
American Imaging Management Clinical Guidelines: August 2010
Please Note: The procedure code 76380, limited CT, does not require authorization. However, CT of the maxillofacial: procedure codes 70486, 70487 and 70488 do require authorization. Please be sure you are using the proper code for the service being provided.
These policies apply to all Blue Cross NC commercial members:
- Bone Mineral Density Studies
- Capsule Endoscopy, Wireless
- Computed Tomography to Detect Coronary Artery Calcification
- Intravascular Ultrasound Imaging (IVUS)
- Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Magnetoencephalography/Magnetic Source Imaging
- MRI Guided Focused Ultrasound (MRgFUS)
- Prostate Cancer Treatment with Brachytherapy
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Percutaneous