At Blue Cross and Blue Shield of NC (Blue Cross NC), we have a well-established intern program, designed to help you build confidence and hone valuable business skills.
As part of our dynamic team, you'll work on real projects, do real work and reap tangible rewards. You'll even participate in fun, community-service opportunities, such as Habitat for Humanity. An internship at Blue Cross NC is more than just a line on a resume. It's an enriching experience you can carry with you wherever your path leads.
- Recruiting begins in January
- Program lasts from May – July
- Internships are paid, 40 hours per week for 10 weeks
Get More Than a Line on Your Resume
Contribute to our mission to improve the health and well-being of our customers and communities, and make meaningful business contributions as part of a professional team.
- Attend professional development opportunities (resume writing, career development, insurance 101)
- Participate in "Lunch and Learn" sessions with our Senior Leadership Team
- Do valuable community service with programs such as Habitat for Humanity
- Attend team building activities with fellow interns
- Network with other young professionals
"Being an intern at Blue Cross NC not only provided me real responsibilities and experience, but also allowed me to form relationships with people who supported my growth and knowledge as a young professional new to the workforce. Walking into work every day, I learned something new and expanded my knowledge of marketing."
Madison Beuris - Interned 2017, currently a Marketing Communications Business Associate
Check job postings for a complete list of internship opportunities offered this year.
- Sales and Marketing
- IT/Technical Development
- Human Resources
- Project Management
- Business Analysis
- Be able to work up to 40 hours per week
- Provide your own housing in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area
- Be a rising college junior or senior (or a student in a master's program)
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess excellent interpersonal, collaborative and team-building skills
- Be able to think analytically, present ideas professionally and work on a project team
"Interning at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina was engaging, fun, and allowed me to see every aspect of the career path I had been working toward. It gave me the experience and confidence I needed to pursue my profession in Health and Wellness."
Megan McCurdy - Interned 2014, currently a Health and Wellness Coordinator
Before I started my summer internship at Blue Cross NC, I had a hard time imagining what my actual duties would look like. What would I be doing every day? Would my days always look the same...