We're so much more than health insurance. Where do you fit in?
Health Care Strategy
Moving the industry toward value-based health care.
- Review and establish medical policy
- Identify efficiencies and optimization opportunities
- Develop value-based payment models
Ensuring the highest quality of care at the lowest possible cost for members.
- Create, monitor and improve quality in health care delivery
- Collaborate across teams to advocate for members
- Advance HEDIS and Medicare Stars programs
Member and Provider Support
Building and strengthening relationships with our members and providers.
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Review requests and appeals for medical services and prescription drugs
Health Care Professionals
Applying clinical expertise and experience to deliver high-quality care for our members.
- Maintain member-focused coverage decisions
- Develop member health programs
- Ensure medical accuracy
Improving how patient care works, ensuring effective use of health care resources and developing creative ways to keep costs low.
- Build and manage provider relationships through education
- Perform network quality and performance evaluations
- Transform reimbursement models and negotiate contracts
Making prescription drugs more affordable and ensuring their appropriate use.
- Establish strategies to make positive impact on cost and usage
- Support pharmacy operations and programs
Are you ready to help change the delivery of health care?
You're in the right place, because health care is different here.
Yes, Blue Cross NC Hires Nurses
Who misses clinic and hospital hours?
At Blue Cross NC, you get all the rewards of helping people in need and a more predictable schedule.
We do health care differently here. Our nursing staff is crucial to providing high quality care and helping our members when they need it most.
Blue Cross NC. There's simply no other job like it.
We're bridging the gap between health care and health insurance. Blue Cross NC works directly with hospitals and providers to improve the quality of care and lower costs.
"The people here are so welcoming. I received many emails that were sent a week before I even got here. It meant a lot to me as a new employee to see how much people care about each other."
VP, Quality and Health Care Delivery
Health care is evolving at a rapid pace and we recognize that this can leave North Carolinians with tough choices to make. Read More
Giving back. We're addressing nursing shortages with better access to resources and current technology. Read More
“At Blue Cross NC, you have the opportunity to do exciting work that is truly meaningful. I’m fulfilled because I know that I am making a difference in the lives of the people we serve. Health care can be better, and we’re working to be the model of what’s possible.”
Angela Lynn, MSN, BSN, CCN
Director of Care Management