Blue Cross NC is accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA), a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA is the most widely-recognized accreditation program in the United States8.
Blue Cross NC was named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016) by The Ethisphere Institute. Ethisphere Institute is leading international think tank dedicated to the creation, advancement and sharing of best practices in business ethics, corporate social responsibility, anti-corruption and sustainability. Each year, Ethisphere evaluates several thousand companies from around the world and recognizes those few that demonstrate a true commitment to ethical leadership, compliance practices and corporate social responsibility9.
- American Heart Association - Platinum Fit Friendly Award (2010-15)
- AARP - Top 50 Employer for Employees Over 50 (5th time recognized)
- Carolina Parent - Top 50 for Working Parents (2000-14)
- CEO Roundtable on Cancer - Gold Standard Award (2010-15)
- Chief Learning Officer - Learning in Proactive Award
- DiversityInc - Top 10 Company for Diversity in the South
- Ethisphere Institute - One of the World's Most Ethical Companies (2012, 2013, 2014, 2016)
- Human Rights Campaign - Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality (2015)
- National Association for Female Executives - Top 50 Companies for Executive Women (2015)
- The American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) - Top 25 Global Corporate Universities
- Training Magazine - Top 125 Award
- Triangle Business Journal - Healthiest Employer Award (2012-15)
- Triangle Business Journal - Diversity Leader Award
- WELCOA: Well Workplace Award, Gold Level (2015)
- Workforce Magazine - Top 100
- Working Mother Media - 100 Best Companies (2007-15)
- Working Mother - Best Companies for Multicultural Women (2015)
- World at Work Alliance for Work-Life Progress 2015 Seal of Distinction
Learn more about our award winning workplace on our Careers page.
National Committee for Quality Assurance
BCBSNC has been accredited by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) based on our plans' clinical performance and consumer experience. See the quality standards managed care plans must meet for accreditation.
1 Employment numbers as of 3/25/2016
2 "Blue Cross 2015 Financials: ACA Losses Grow; Improvements in Other Lines of Business, Strong Investments Create Small Profit", Blue Cross NC press release, 2/26/2016
3 Preferred provider organization (PPO includes State PPO and Federal Employee Program PPO).
4 The percentage of medical doctors and hospitals is based upon the number of providers that applied for a Blue Cross NC provider number and then contracted with us versus the total number of providers who applied.
5 Blue Cross NC community relations data, 2/8/2016.
6 Blue Cross NC community relations data, 2/8/2016.
7 4th Quarter Corporate Goals Results, 4/11/2016
8 www.ncqa.org (Accessed March, 2016)
9 Awarded by the Ethisphere Institute (Accessed March, 2016)